$USER refers to your HCoop username.
Please add info for any clients you use.
1. Logging in / Adding a New Account
Open the Preferences dialog (Adium->Preferences or Command-comma)
- Go to the "Accounts" section
- Select "Jabber" from the "+" menu in the lower-left corner
Enter "$USER@hcoop.net" in the "Jabber ID" field
- Enter your password in the "Password" field
- Click "OK"
1.2. Agile Messenger
- Add a new account of type "XMPP"
Enter "$USER@hcoop.net" as the username
- Enter your password
Note that your resource will be "Work" and you cannot change this (as far as I can tell)
1.3. Gaim / Pidgin
Open the Accounts dialog (Tools->Accounts or C-a)
- Add a new account
- Set the type to Jabber (in Gaim) or XMPP (in Pidgin)
Screen Name = $USER, Server = hcoop.net
Open the Settings dialog (Seetings->Configure)
- On the "Accounts" page click the "Add account" button
- In the wizard choose "Jabber" from the list then click "Next"
Now enter your jabber id in this form: $USER@hcoop.net and your password
- It will ask you to confirm the validity of the SSL certificate, click continue and you're done.
2. Changing Your Password
Since we use PAM now to change your password you must change your system wide password using the normal account password changing process.