4. To Do
Change ethernet cable from port 1 to port 2 on krunk
- Add Debian Lenny CD to hopper
- Which is hopper?
Done, hopper now functional (but CD wasn't needed but is in the drive anyway)
- Make sure hopper boots and can be accessed.
Done, it boots and can be accessed.
- Serial cable on deleuze.
- Is there a serial cable there already?
I don't know about the last cleanup, but there was at least one serial cable attached when I left it long ago. Not sure which machine it was on. Also please note that there are crash carts all over the site that you are free to use. Just check what kind of kbd/mouse they have, some are USB, some PS2, you want PS2 generally. -NathanKennedy
Wasn't done. No visible free serial cables are there.
- General cabinet clean up. Can it get into shape enough to colocate member's servers?
Is there even room for colocation? Maybe after baltar etc was removed, but I don't know, there may be 1 or 2U free or so. -NathanKennedy
rkd thinks we could fit 5U more servers in there, after moving the KVM to the back and sliding some servers down.
- Photos of everything, for documentation.
- What supplies are already in the cabinet? Spare ethernet cables? Spare serial cables? Nothing AFAIK is there after the last cleanup.
bring a list of IPs free, for connection of a laptop (also need spare ethernet cable) (IPs are at IpAddresses)
- bring screwdrivers in case needed? Yes, definitely.
- bring flashlight in case needed (?)
That would definitely be helpful, not a dealbreaker but there can be deep crannies to reach into. The risk is probably minimal but try not to electrocute yourself when you are shoulder-deep in the cab, use common sense. -NathanKennedy
- Write down list of all machines, to tell them apart!
- See above inline.
- Machines were labeled and hardware page updated.
- rkd now knows location and how to get in, if approved later for access.
- There is definitely room for more servers in there- rkd estimates 5U total.
- 3U are free right now
- 1U if we move the KVM to the back
- 1U if we move several servers down a few screw holes.
- There are *no* free ethernet ports on our switch. This is a problem if we get new machines. All link lights were on, however I couldn't identify if any cables were redundant.
- Open question: where are all of our spare parts like cables and so on?
- How can we put more machines in there *now* to increase revenue? Do any members have machines they would like to colocate on a short term basis?