I am Clinton Ebadi.
1. Board Statements
2. General Coop Goals
Unstructured musing on when/what I think the coop ought to be.
- October 2012: New website online, navajos and bog both up with new members using them
October 2012->January 2013: Big push for new members. New website should make us seem more alive, we've finally fixed about 3/4 of the "temporary" hacks from when we first moved to Peer1, etc. In the background, prioritize getting rid of mire (less work: we just have to get people off of it), but also work toward getting rid of deleuze. Web services first (low hanging fruit), even if it means punting on fully converting to domtool managed sites (at least packaged and documented). AFAICT other than those we're just left with:
- April 2013: Election and hopefully 150 members. Mire has been turned off for at least a month at this point.
- Summer 2013: Assuming 150+ members, more disk space and perhaps more bandwidth are in order. Deleuze should be safe to turn off by now at the latest.
- Late Summer 2013: Catch the sales on the last generation Dell 2U/2-socket machines and create a clean counterpart to fritz
- Minimal KVM host setup for base OS. We might run the KDC and OpenAFS on the bare metal, not entirely certain.
- Create new wheezy based VMs, duplicating (and turning into master) services hosted in VMs on fritz
- For the first time, this is realistic: all of those months packaging our configuration pay off by sparing future-me from herculean efforts.
- Fritz becomes the last-generation backup server (secondary dns + kdc + MX + xmpp + load balancing with apache? + automagic database replication for members + ???)
- Spring 2014: Ponies for everyone.
<clinton at unknownlamer dot org> (Email)
- unknownlamer (AOL Instant Messenger)
<clinton at hcoop dot net> (Jabber)
unknown_lamer on freenode (IRC) in #hcoop
- +1 443 538 8058 (Phone, SMS preffered)