converted to 1.6 markup
|No differences found!|
1. IRC Meeting to be held Sunday, June 22, 2008
1.1. Agenda (with conclusions)
We have recently had quite a bit of downtime, and it indicates that we need to improve and expand our infrastructure. Technical proposals for expansion have been requested on hcoop-sysadmin, and they should be complete by the time that the board meets. The primary purpose of the meeting is to figure out how financial and human resources can be allocated to improving our infrastructure.
1.1.1. Primary Agenda Item: Improving our infrastructure
We'll summarize proposals for expansion of our infrastructure, and figure out how much we can allocate for doing so. We should also be able to figure out a timeline for making those resources available.
Things to cover in "proposals for expansion of our infrastructure":
Available systems awaiting setup - We will set up IBM xSeries as the all-email processing machine, purchasing RAM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134244. For disks, we need to follow up on the mailing list, but http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148041 is being considered (only drawback: price). After the setup, we will re-evaluate our systems performance and see what's the next biggest bottleneck and eventually use the other spare server for it.
- Virtualization - Do nothing about it for the moment.
- Offsite backups (S3) - Mike will test backups himself and on his own budget, and report back to us within 10 days.
- Paid staff - Postponed discussion until we're in a realistic position to do something about it.
1.1.2. Secondary Agenda Items
Ancillary items that we should be able to take care of, and things that we just need to vote on while we have a quorum.
Add a secondary MX at hcoop.net: https://bugzilla.hcoop.net/show_bug.cgi?id=369 - Mike will do it.
Give JustinLeitgeb sudo access, and shell on all machines, since he already has on-site access - Mike will do it.
- Formulate a policy for service plans on servers - Postpone for now.
- Member freeze scripts? - Davor will do it by July 1st.
- Accept David C. as admin? - Davor will verify David is still interested and add him to the admins@ alias. No actual privileges will be given at this point.