1. IRC Meeting to be held Sunday, October 12, 2008
1.1. Agenda (with conclusions)
- What rearrangements exactly are we making in the peer1 cabinet, how, and when. It is important that we get the mail server machine up and running quickly, especially because we have a few members waiting on improvement in this area:
- We are taking out the unused Dell machine completely and replacing the bulky 2U switch with a smaller and non-rackable one. Justin Leitgeb is purchasing the new switch, short ethernet cables and a replacement cable for Mire keyboard which got its pins bent. A thread about specific items to buy will follow on the mailing list. As soon as the elements are at Justin's, we will coordinate a hcoop-announce message about potential downtime during the replacement, and schedule the exact time and date.
- Summarize the reasons why we have had 3 or 4 membership cancellations in under 2 weeks, and see if we can improve anything else besides the things I noticed and list here below.
- We cannot help the situation much until we upgrade processing power and/or our hosting plan.
- What to do with Xanadu server currently unused.
- Xanadu, along with switch Baltar, will be put up by Justin for sale on Craigslist. Eventual income will help cover HCoop's balance difference between Portal information and bank account.
- Plan user-accessible machine supporting ssh keys.
- On hold until we get a new hosting plan.
- Determine how things are going with automated backups to rsync.net.
- Mwolson will report on it the next day, when the backup will run again. Backups run every 3 days and it may well be that they will work correctly after Adam Megacz solved the issue with NTP.
- Paid staff - Postponed discussion until we're in a realistic position to do something about it.
1.1.1. Secondary Agenda Items
Ancillary items that we should be able to take care of, and things that we just need to vote on while we have a quorum.
- Add reverse DNS resolve for krunk.hcoop.net
- Docelic will submit the request through Peer1 portal.
- Vote delinquent members "ankur" and "harsha" out of the co-op
- Members are voted out.