This information is not accurate, and is here for historical reference only.
1. Outpost info
Outpost is hosted at Tech.Coop to have a DNS server on a subnet different than our primary subnet.
It was previously a 64-bit OS, also at Tech.Coop, but hosted in UK @ Bytemark.
Now it is in the US and is a 32-bit Debian lenny.
1.1. Xen console
ssh to xen-seven.tech.coop as user hcoop
1.2. General Information
- Hostname : outpost
- Distribution : lenny
- Partitions : swap 1024mb (swap)
- / 10g (ext3)
- Image type : full
- Memory size : 512mb
- Kernel path : /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-6-xen-686
- Initrd path : /boot/initrd.img-2.6.18-6-xen-686
1.3. Networking Information
- IP Address 1 : 22.214.171.124 [MAC: 00:16:3E:5F:79:E6]
- Netmask : 255.255.255.224
- Broadcast : 126.96.36.199
- Gateway : 188.8.131.52
1.4. Access info
Login/pw are in standard HCoop password stash.
2. Setup Notes
Replaced outpost_ip in hcoop.dtl
Readded outpost.hcoop.net (no other subdomains)
- Was not added as a nodeIp yet
2.2. Basic Packages
Did not install lm-sensors, hdparm
Also installed: emacs (ClintonEbadi is utterly incapable of using vi effectively), screen (for performing all admin work in a way that will survive connection loss), and build-essential
2.3. Basic Configuration
Added root: firstname.lastname@example.org to /etc/aliases.
- Did not run any fs tuning operations
- Did not set sources.list to use peer1 mirror (for obvious reasons)
Did not remove /opt (other lame directories were not present)
- Did not replace the kernel (naturally)
- Added lenny-backports to sources.list
Built openafs-modules-source from backports (1.4.12) using module-assistant
Installed openafs clients and kerberos from backports
apt-get install -t lenny-backports openafs-client openafs-krb5 kstart krb5-user dpkg -i /afs/megacz.com/pub/software/libnss-afs/libnss-afs_1.10_i386.deb # saw nowhere else to get this!
- Kerberos is only 1.6, but mire is running an older version.
Verified kinit && aklog work after reboot
Left PAM and nsswitch with stock configuration as the instructions appear to not be particularly applicable anymore given the configuration of fritz.
Did not setup login.restrict (pending resolution of what to do about accounts / kerberos / nss &c)
- Did not create host principal for ssh
- Did not enable sudoers yet
Set proper search domain in resolv.conf and added deleuze as a name server, but left the other two tech.coop DNS servers
- Setup hcoop-clean-tmp cron job
Replaced exim with ssmtp based upon the configuration on mire