1. Board Statements
2. General Coop Goals
Unstructured musing on when/what I think the coop ought to be.
- January 2013: New website online, navajos and bog both up with new members using them
February 2013->December 2013: Big push for new members. New website should make us seem more alive, we've finally fixed about 3/4 of the "temporary" hacks from when we first moved to Peer1, etc. mire is gone (less work: we just have to get people off of it), but also work toward getting rid of deleuze. Web services first (low hanging fruit), even if it means punting on fully converting to domtool managed sites (at least packaged and documented). AFAICT other than those we're just left with:
- March 2013: Catch the sales on the last generation Dell 2U/2-socket machines and create a clean counterpart to fritz.
- Minimal KVM host setup for base OS. We might run the KDC and OpenAFS on the bare metal, not entirely certain.
- Create new wheezy based VMs, duplicating (and turning into master) services hosted in VMs on fritz
March 2013->July 2013: Transition remaining services off of deleuze onto KernelVirtualMachines on new kvm host
- April 2013: Election and hopefully 120 members. Mire has been turned off for at least a month at this point.
- Winter 2013: Assuming 150+ members, perhaps more bandwidth is in order. Deleuze should be safe to turn off by now at the latest.
- Spring 2014: Ponies for everyone.
- IPv6, mediagoblin, diaspora, gitorious, xmpp works again (and ability to use vanity domains), ...
<clinton at unknownlamer dot org> (Email)
- unknownlamer (AOL Instant Messenger)
<clinton at hcoop dot net> (Jabber)
unknown_lamer on freenode (IRC) in #hcoop
- +1 443 538 8058 (Phone, SMS preffered)
5. Immediate Tasks
- Reattempt contacting members who have ignored the roll-call
- Each board member gets 20, mail Non-HCoop Email, application email if it is available
- Get website online
Move dynamic stuff back into /dyn
- Networked domtool-tail
fwtool regen with no host (= all hosts)
- Possible donations for new server
- Board meeting
- Backups (blocked by lack of hardware)
- Spec out new server
6. Admin Stuff
default DirectoryIndex does not include index.shtml, should this be changed?
6.2. Terrible Things
Since we are having a roll call soon, we need to deal with these.
- phpVersion needs to change
6.3. domtool plans
- Feature backlog
- SSL improvements (SNI, intermediate certificates, ...)
- Networked domtool-tail
Seems like the most straightforward of the fancy CGI to persistent server replacement to gets working, and has wide support. MoinMoin can use it... and it's a lot less tricky for members to get working than proxied servers on another host.
- Ideally, support wsgi and whatnot later, assuming they can do suexec
default CSymbol = Value for binding default environment variable settings
Expands the scope of extensions that can be written in pure DomTool, slight flexibility gains
Improve fwtool as needs become clearer
fwtool regen without node to regen all nodes, fwtool verify and possibly something akin to visudo
- Programmitic interface to adding/removing/etc rules?
- At least need a way to kill rules when destroying the user, ideally just disabling them? (existing code ignores users who do not exist, so it sort of works to ignore it, but cleanliness of the rules file will become a problem).
- "Proper" parser. Read rules into typed structure using the magic of SML, and work on that form (more natural, type safe, etc.)
- groups or similar for common ports
- We need a way to grant users who just want general net access a reasonably unrestrictive firewall, without needlessly opening things for members who don't use our shell services extensively. Since we can't restrict socket permissions generally, defining groups that provide common firewall rules seems like an ok solution.
7. Board Stuff
- What address should we be using for the "owner" of hcoop services? It's a mix of the current treasurer, registered agent, and data center right now... is the registered agent correct? Do we need to get a PO Box or something?
- We need a private wiki of some sort for filing sensitive information like welcome emails for services and various credentials... is it safe enough to do that using the public moin and acls? I'm not sure sure...
7.1. Roll Call
After an initial burst of acknowledgement, acknowledgements came to a stand still after only four days. We need to contact everyone by alternate means.
Write SQL to extract initial member app email and non-hcoop email so that we can either automatically or manually re-contact everyone.
- Can we use paypal/wallet addresses? It might be against the TOS for those services to email members like that, but if it's not... paying us is basically the only contact we have with most members so I bet they'd be the most reliable.