1. Board Statements
2. General Coop Goals
Unstructured musing on when/what I think the coop ought to be.
January 2013: New website online, navajos and bog both up with new members using them
February 2013->December 2013: Big push for new members. New website should make us seem more alive, we've finally fixed about 3/4 of the "temporary" hacks from when we first moved to Peer1, etc. mire is gone (less work: we just have to get people off of it), but also work toward getting rid of deleuze. Web services first (low hanging fruit), even if it means punting on fully converting to domtool managed sites (at least packaged and documented). AFAICT other than those we're just left with:
- March/April 2013: Catch the sales on the last generation Dell 2U/2-socket machines and create a clean counterpart to fritz.
- Minimal KVM host setup for base OS. We might run the KDC and OpenAFS on the bare metal, not entirely certain.
- Create new wheezy based VMs, duplicating (and turning into master) services hosted in VMs on fritz
March 2013->July 2013: Transition remaining services off of deleuze onto KernelVirtualMachines on new kvm host
- April 2013: Election and hopefully 120 members. Mire has been turned off for at least a month at this point.
- Winter 2013: Assuming 150+ members, perhaps more bandwidth is in order. Deleuze should be safe to turn off by now at the latest.
- Spring 2014: Ponies for everyone.
IPv6, mediagoblin, diaspora, gitorious, xmpp works again (and ability to use vanity domains), ...
<clinton at unknownlamer dot org> (Email)
- unknownlamer (AOL Instant Messenger)
<clinton at hcoop dot net> (Jabber)
unknown_lamer on freenode (IRC) in #hcoop
- +1 443 538 8058 (Phone, SMS preffered)
5. Immediate Tasks
- Networked domtool-tail
- Possible donations for new server
- Board meeting
- Backups (blocked by lack of hardware)
- Spec out new server
- Consolidate web stuff onto navajos
- Upgrade squirrelmail
- Can we support gssapi negotiate? Seems like it should be trivial on the server side.
Wiki user reg spam: http://paste.conkeror.org/?236
- At least sab mag faq has it (11k users!), we need to help members fix this unfortunate interaction between moin, the file system, and evildoers.
6. Admin Stuff
default DirectoryIndex does not include index.shtml, should this be changed?
(create Website bugzilla product and move these there)
- Convert hcoop.net into domtool config (looks trivial, a few rewrites... except for userdir support?)
- On the topic of user dirs: allow members to register a redirect for hcoop.net/~foo?)
- Replace facebook links with other "get to know the members" text
- Inspire members to join the planet
- Make the locations tool usable again (something we can use with Openstreetmap).
child pages macro for listing the section of the member manual in the sidebar?
6.3. Terrible Things
Since we are having a roll call soon, we need to deal with these.
- phpVersion needs to change
6.4. domtool plans
- Feature backlog
- Networked domtool-tail
Seems like the most straightforward of the fancy CGI to persistent server replacement to gets working, and has wide support. MoinMoin can use it... and it's a lot less tricky for members to get working than proxied servers on another host.
- Ideally, support wsgi and whatnot later, assuming they can do suexec
default CSymbol = Value for binding default environment variable settings
Expands the scope of extensions that can be written in pure DomTool, slight flexibility gains
Improve fwtool as needs become clearer (FirewallTool)
6.5. Major Sysadmin Tasks for 2013
- Acquire and install new server, cleaning up the back of the rack in the process
- Get everything off of deleuze
Clean up keytabs (at least $user.mail for mail delivery, sync to as few nodes as needed, etc.)
- Overhaul mail delivery
- Revisit routing/transport; the current routing config has too many entry and exit points making changes extremely complicated (i.e. likely to break mail delivery)
- Take advantage of new exim features like DKIM.
- Secondary MX
7. Board Stuff
- What address should we be using for the "owner" of hcoop services? It's a mix of the current treasurer, registered agent, and data center right now... is the registered agent correct? Do we need to get a PO Box or something?
- We need a private wiki of some sort for filing sensitive information like welcome emails for services and various credentials... is it safe enough to do that using the public moin and acls? I'm not sure sure...
7.1. Roll Call
After an initial burst of acknowledgement, acknowledgements came to a stand still after only four days. We need to contact everyone by alternate means.
The board contacted everyone again. A few folks responded.
The following are excused:
- regadou (actually not a member any more)
- bailey (actually not a member any more)
- mcarberry (rejoined at the same time as the roll call, is aware but did not get the email)
- ethanh (his email was horribly broken due to a stupid bug freezing, destroying, and then re-creating members)