Being an HCoop board member is not a particularly intense task, but the tasks performed are essential to the operation of HCoop. This page is incomplete, but should provide an overview of the tasks a board member is expected to perform.
See also AdminPolicies, an orphaned page that contains an earlier attempt at defining the board/administrative duties.
1. General Duties
- Approving new members as they apply
- Voting on purging of members with negative balances
- Setting general HCoop policies
- Meeting four times a year to discuss financial situation, plans, etc.
- Authorize purchases
Traditionally the BoardOfDirectors has been involved in technical decisions; this is mostly an artifact of the folks writing code and performing maintenance usually ending volunteered into taking board positions as well.
Additionally, there are three officers who perform additional duties.
- Alternatively: cat herder in chief
- Schedules quarterly meetings, must be present at all formal meetings to preside.
- Ensures members remain informed of elections and other events
2.1.2. Post Election
Add new board members to board mail alias (configured in ~hcoop/.domtool/hcoop.net)
Add new board members to board group in the portal so that they can vote on applications
- Add new board members to board CC list in bugzilla (may need assistance from sysadmin)
- Announce election results
- Schedule first meeting
2.1.3. After New Board Has Elected Officers
- New President announces officers
- Maintains meeting minutes and elections results
Files IRS and RegisteredAgent forms yearly
- Files an Annual Statement with the state of Pennsylvania (only in years when officers change or our address changes)
An admin will need to grant the secretary permissions to ~hcoop/public_html/board, pages are just static html
Make sure to commit any changes with darcs
- Processes payments
- Creates new user accounts after receiving initial payment